Visitors to this blog

Grab A Button

Followers

About Me

My photo
Married 39 years, mother of 3 and grandmother of 5. I'm a seamstress and I've worked at a alteration shop for about 17 years. It's been real interesting working with women from 6 different nations. Jesus is the center of my live. He is my peace, my refudge, my beloved. My prayer is that the work of my hands, the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are pleasing to Him.
Sunday, March 28, 2010

My quilting has gone to the dogs!!!!

I went to a baby shower today for "Mein Freund" (German for "My Friend") Monika's daughter, Nicole. Monika was my boss for several years and we've become good friends. Any way, this is Nicole's first baby and I wanted to do something special for her as Monika has always been generous with gifts for my kids.
I contacted Nicole and asked if she had a baby theme and/or colors and told her to check out my quilts posted on www.thesewingroomutica.com, so she had an idea of what I do.
She was excited and said they decided on a "Bull Dog" theme as the have 2 of their own. She sent me pictures of the dogs, and suggested doing cartoon dogs or character dogs, but gave me free licence to do what I wanted.

This is the photo I chose to work with. The brown dog is Cobo and the black one is Jozie.

I used flannel, mole cloth and polyfleece so it felt like fur. The quilt measures 45 x 35



"Cobo"


"Jozie"



Nicole showing off the quilt.



The funny thing was, as Nicole was taking the quilt out of the bag, all you could see was the "Dog Paw" print. Everyone was wooing and aweing!!!! She hadn't opened it yet. Needless to say, the reaction was "Oh my gosh!" "You made that ?" "That looks just like the picture." "I didn't expect this, it's beautiful." It made Monika cry.
I'm pleased with the out come and have a few people interested in one for themselves.
So what do you think, has my quilting gone to the dogs?????

1 comments:

Amy Clary said...

I love it! You did a fantastic job and seem to really have captured the dogs' features and personality. :) Too cute!