Visitors to this blog

Grab A Button

Followers

About Me

My photo
Married 39 years, mother of 3 and grandmother of 5. I'm a seamstress and I've worked at a alteration shop for about 17 years. It's been real interesting working with women from 6 different nations. Jesus is the center of my live. He is my peace, my refudge, my beloved. My prayer is that the work of my hands, the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are pleasing to Him.
Monday, March 8, 2010

Where it all started

Photobucket



High school 1964 is where it all began. Good old sewing class in high school with Sister Edwardes.

It was what it was and not too bad at that. By the time I was a Senior, I had made a suit (jacket & skirt), a dress coat & dress.

After High School, I went to a Stretch & Sew class at Adult Edu. Remember, polyester was the latest rage and making your own T-shirt and lingerie and walking suits was the thing to do. I also took sewing class at Adult Edu. that was called Bishop Sewing Methods I, II & III. I quit because it was somewhat boring.

I made quite outfits for mysel and continued to sew for both myself & my hubby. When the girls came along, I was in heaven as I had 2 living dolls to sew for. As they grew, it got to the point where they could show me something in the store and say.."Mom, can you make that?"

I made both of their wedding dresses and now I'm sew for my 3 granddaughters and 1 doll.

Yes, I did sew for my son when he was little, but not so much now.



I'll post pictures soon as to what I've done. Just thought you might be interested in how I got started.

0 comments: